- SB 990 (Kuehl)
- In spring 2007, California State Senator Kuehl introduced SB 990. SB 990 prohibits the sale, transfer or lease of any part of Santa Susana Field Laboratory (SSFL) for any use, unless the Director of the Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) certifies that the land has undergone complete remediation, pursuant of the most protective cleanup standards (this implies a 1-in-a-million risk level) that have been promulgated by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (this implies CERCLA guidance) for sites that contain chemical and radioactive contamination and that are based on the most restrictive potential land use for these sites (this implies agricultural land use).
- Introduced version of SB 990, February 23, 2007
- Amended version of SB 990, April 9, 2007
- Enrolled version of SB 990, September 6, 2007
- Technical Feasibility of Detecting Radionuclide Contamination at the 1E-6 Risk Level. March 6, 2007.
- Boeing Position Paper on SB 990, September 10, 2007
- Boeing Statement on SB 990, September 7, 2007
- Cal Rad Opposition Letter to Senate Environmental Quality Committee, April 11, 2007
- Cal Rad Opposition Letter to Senate Floor, May 3, 2007
- Cal Rad Opposition Letter to Assembly Appropriations Committee, July 9, 2007